Monday, July 16, 2012

The book that I choose to read during my College Writing class is entitled All But My Life by Gerda Weissmann Klein.  All But My Life is a memoir based on the memories and experiences that Gerda Weissmann Klein has while the Nazis were in Poland.  This memoir is also very similar to The Diary of Anne Frank, since it describes others’ accounts about the Holocaust.  I decided to choose this particular book for a few various reasons.  I have always been intrigued about the Holocaust ever since I was first introduced to the event in the seventh grade.  Although it was very sad time for those individuals, I find it to be interesting.  Because this is a very raw and realistic topic, my attention is always focused on what the text is trying to say.  I really enjoy learning more and more about this subject.  This type of subject is one that you can always continue to learn about from multiple sources at different periods of time.  I expect to learn a good amount of facts and details corresponding to the Holocaust that never knew before.  I hope to understand what the author, Gerda Weissmann Klein is trying to convey through her words.  I hope I can use the facts that I already know to the ones I will learn for this book.  Although I am only on the third chapter in my book I enjoy it.  I think I still need to read more to get a little more attached and in depth in the story.

2 comments:

  1. This book seems very interesting. I do find this subject to be attention-grabbibg as well. I am always curious to learn more about the Holocaust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a huge interest in the Holocaust. I should look into reading this book. The Holocaust was a terrible time in history. God bless those who survived.

    ReplyDelete